Here are some ideas for throwing a Rex-themed birthday party!
Themed desserts can be a perfect addition to any birthday party. Here are a few creative ideas for a Rex-themed birthday party dessert.
Dinosaur Fossil Cookies
Dinosaur Fossil Cookies are a fun and easy-themed dessert to prepare. Here’s what you’ll need to put it together:
3 cups all-purpose flour + more flour for rolling a teaspoon of baking powder
kosher salt, 1 tsp
1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
1 cup sugar (granulated)
a single large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (pure)
1 tablespoon of milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar in a separate large mixing bowl until fluffy and pale in color. Mix in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined, then add the flour mixture in a slow, constant flow until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls and set them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then stamp a foot into each ball of cookie dough with the toy dinosaur. Refrigerate for 1 hour before baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
Who doesn’t enjoy a good cookie? Adding Rex’s face to cookies will make them even more enjoyable to eat! If you decide to make Rex-themed cookies for a birthday, use the hashtag #INFLATABLEDUDES or tag us on Facebook or Instagram! @inflatabledudes
Bake cookies of your choice. After baking:
- Fill piping bags with Rex theme colored decorative frosting.
- Use a piping bag with a small tip to outline the shape of the cookie.
- While holding the piping bag, draw with the tip using your other hand as a guide.
- Squeeze the bag’s top delicately. Set the cookie aside to dry after you’ve finished.
- When you’ve completed the base color, set the cookie aside to dry. Let the base color dry slightly before continuing decorating.
- To decorate the cookies, repeat the process of using piping bags.
- Make the eyeballs out of small candies or add sprinkles for more fun.
The Rex Inflatable Dude punching bag will add some fun to your celebration. If your party visitors are between the ages of 3 and 10, they are likely to become bored very easily. One of your party games should be a Rex punching bag. Inflatable Dude punching bags are a popular item that can keep children amused for several hours. Punching and kicking the Rex punching bag is a safe way for visitors at a party to have fun. Durable kids punching bags are available from J&A’s Inflatable Dudes for both indoor and outdoor use. The kids’ punching bags are packed with sand, so when they’re knocked down, they bounce right back up. Any party would benefit from the addition of the Rex Inflatable Dude.
Dinosaur Egg Hatch Game
To make dinosaur eggs, fill white balloons with little dinosaur toys, sweets, and/or stickers. Make two “nests” out of them. These can be made with blankets or sheets spinning up around them.
Divide the kids into groups and ask them to come up with a creative dinosaur-themed team name!
Once the game begins, they can sit, stand, or do whatever they need to do to crack the egg. Each team must crack all of their “dinosaur eggs” before the other. The miniature gifts they obtain from each “egg” can be divided among the team. A special prize should be awarded to the team that cracks all of its “eggs” first!
Party Decor – Dinosaur Balloons
Dinosaur balloons would be a fantastic way to decorate a celebration. For a more classic design, use greens, blues, and orange balloons, or go for a cool vibe with aqua, purple, pink, and lime green.
Party Decor – Dinosaur Wall Art
Print out photos of Rex and other dinosaurs as a simple DIY alternative for your Rex-themed birthday celebration. These can be used as decorative wall art.
A Rex-themed birthday party can be customized in a variety of ways; these are just a few of our suggestions. If you decide to hold a Rex-themed birthday party, tag us @inflatabledudes on Facebook or Instagram, or post with the hashtag #INFLATABLEDUDES . We’d love to see your birthday celebrations and some of your ideas!